Adapt Drilling, part of Adapt Group of companies, was founded in 1995 to specifically refurbish taper drill rods for the mining industry.
The current mix of manufacturing has changed to 80% new taper drill rods and 20%refurbished taper drill rods.
Our future has become focused on developing and manufacturing roof bolt drilling tools for the mining industry.
Our head office is in Krugersdorp, with branches in Rustenburg and Steelpoort.
In November 2003 the company appointed previously disadvantaged employees as shareholders the current ownership is 30%. These members constitute 60% of the board and are actively involved on a daily basis in running the company.
Our mission is to provide quality products and services and build meaningful customer relationships. Utilizing sound business practices and principles of integrity, producing benefits for our employees and communities in which we do business.
In 1997 Hall Longmore Drill Steel (Pty) Ltd decided to discontinue manufacturing of drilling equipment to the mining industry. Their sales and marketing director, with 20 years of service, believed that there was still a requirement for these products in the mining industry and subsequently purchased the manufacturing assets from Hall Longmore Drill Steels and founded Adapt Drilling in the same year.
Previous colleagues of Don's at Hall Longmore Drill Steels namely; Stephen Mokuwa (17 years of service), Abraham Mokgosi (19 years of service), Daniel Boihang (15 years of service) and Chris Veldtman (15 years of service) all joined him at Adapt Drilling.
Headquartered in Krugersdorp, with branched in Rustenburg and Steelpoort, Adapt Drilling has grown from a handful of people to its current head count of 60 employees.
In 2003, Don decided to reward some of his loyal previously disadvantaged employees by appointing them as shareholders of the company. Stephen Mokuwa - Overall Production and Distribution, Abraham Mokgosi - Night Shift Production and Jacob Molefe - Quality Control, were appointed as shareholders on the 24th of November 2003 and thus acquired 30% stake in the company. These members constitute 60% of the board and are actively involved, on a day basis, in the running of the company. Don, who is CEO, oversees day-to-day operations, Chris Veldtman, technical and Struan Robertson who looks after sales and marketing, make up the balance of the board.
VISION AND VALUES
- To be the most preferred manufacturer and supplier of new and refurbished taper drilling equipment in South Africa.
- Maintain professionalism and efficiency towards our customers and to improve costs and supply lead times to meet their needs.
- Develop partnerships with our suppliers so as to ensure business continuity.
- Create and sustain a healthy, respectful, creative and fun working environment where out employees are fairly compensated and encouraged to respect the customer.
- Seek fair and responsible profit, enough to sustain the business in the long term as well as compensate the owners for their investment and risk.
- Our customers are our valued partners and the life blood of our business. We commit to offering guaranteed customer satisfaction in every project that we undertake, and to cultivate trust in our relationships with them.
- Our suppliers are our trusted partners in business. Without maintaining our supplier relationships, we will not be able to effectively meet our commitments to our customers.
- Our employees are our assets. AS we continue to grow and employ new people, everyone within the company must have a sense of ownership within their respective roles.
- Social upliftment of the community and giving back to society is a moral progression that is important in making us true corporate citizens. We will participate in meaningful projects which are intended to improve the lives of communities.
THE ADAPT GROUP OF COMPANIES
The growth of Adapt Drilling necessitated the need to establish specialist companies outside of Adapt Drilling which complimented the business.
Established in August 2006 and headquartered in Krugersdorp, the company provides on-site services to assist customers in managing equipment or assets. Through its in house developed bar code software system and on-site resources, the company is able to assist with equipment management and asset control services.
The Adapt group firmly believes that it is important to keep abreast of times and therefore established Adapt International in June 1996 with a view to ensuring that our customers have access to the latest overseas technologies. Headquartered in Krugersdorp the the company continuously monitors overseas trends in terms of of technology advancement and arranges for sample testing of suitable products which could add value to the groups customers. All products sourced from overseas are brought in under Adapt International.
To accommodate the group's rapid expansion, Adapt Properties was established to manage the requirements of the various companies in the group thus enabling the latter to focus on their specific business goals and objectives.
Our vision is to develop a supplier network that meets BBBEE requirements as we strongly support these initiatives. When we look at suppliers for long-term partnerships, BBBEE is one of the key factors we consider.